While the VAL goes to considerable effort to aggregate available information about all Vermont species, there are some circumstances in which the VAL may not display information about a species you are interested in. These include:
- The species name may have changed
- The species is not listed in any of the sources of the ALA's species names, e.g. it may be newly described, or the name is a manuscript or phrase name
- The spelling used may be different from that officially recognized, though the VAL tries to include misspelled names, synonyms and homonyms
- The common name used may not be recognized by the VAL.
- We are still developing VAL. Sometimes, you may encounter issues within the database. Please contact us if you encounter any issues.